To start, let me explain what a discovery call even is! A discovery call is the first call between a Virtual Assistant and a prospective client. These calls are used to find out the challenges and problems that are being faced by the client and where support is most needed.
There’s no need to be overwhelmed by these calls. See them as casual conversations where you can both assess where you’re at and where you would like to be.
Make sure you don’t go into these calls blindly. Have an idea of the type of support you need, what you’ll be delegating, timings and budget.
Prep ahead of time to make best use of your discovery. Try answering the below questions:
- Tell me about you and your business.
- What would you say is your biggest challenge at the moment?
- What are the top three tasks you're looking for help with?
- If I(VA) could solve this problem for you, what does it mean for your business?
- What led you to the decision of hiring more support at this time?
- How many hours of support are you looking for? And when are you looking for the support to begin?
These are the questions I use in my discovery calls. They help keep me on track and ensure i’m collecting the info I need
Sharing as much information as you can with a Virtual assistant will ensure that they provide the most detailed proposal/plan that’s catered to your specific needs - so be as honest as possible!
Now you’re ready for your discovery call, book some time in my diary and let’s get talking! 🚀